Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Relationship with Christ


Romans 3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Just like after Jesus rose from the dead, there continue to be people who miss an important part of Easter. They miss the fact that all we have to do to be blessed by Jesus is admit we are sinners, accept Him into our hearts, and allow Him to be Lord of our lives. They miss the point of ‘works’ – thinking if we do certain behaviors, Jesus will increase our blessing.  It’s sad to think people fail to see Jesus’  crucifixion  as the way to to wipe out the rules of the Old Testament in order that we may remain free.

How can we apply this to our lives?
Many people believe in “The Prosperity Gospel” – God blesses those who are most obedient. “If you do this (fill in the blank), then God will bless you…”. First of all, knowing and conversing with Jesus is the greatest blessing of all, and I already have that. Secondly, the whole purpose of Easter was to do away with ‘earning your way into heaven’ or ‘earning favor with God’ because we were born sinners, we cannot earn favor with God… we can only approach God through Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection. Thirdly, Jesus has no favorites. He loves us all the same. We are all His children regardless of our actions. Fourthly, if Jesus only gives us what we can handle, wouldn’t that mean He trusts individuals who face harder challenges more than those with minimal struggles? Fifth – I don’t do things to be blessed by God; I don’t use Him like a Santa Clause. My life is based on my relationship with God and my desire to please Him. My love for Him is unconditional, whether He blesses me or not, He remains the Lord of my life. And His love for me is unconditional, it does not wax or wane based on my obedience. Praise God… He definitely is my Savior… and not man.

Galatians 2:16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

Galatians 3:2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard?

No comments:

Post a Comment