Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

WRITE!


I woke up with Revelation 19:9 on my mind. I didn’t know what the verse said, I just kept thinking ‘Revelation 19:9. After taking Jireh out, feeding Addy, making coffee, and reviewing my memory verse for the week, I looked up the passage.  This is what I read: Then the angel said to me, ‘Write’… I read it multiple times as the verse did not seem familiar. Yes, it does say, ‘Write’.

I searched Biblegateway.com for the verse so I could copy and paste it in my blog without writing the entire verse. Another surprise. Biblegateway.com had the word ‘this’ so the verse says, “Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”
Both are NIV Bibles, yet my Key Word Study Bible clearly says, Then the angel said to me, Write…”

I think I’ll stop analyzing and rechecking my Bible and Write!

Studying God’s Word lets us get to know God and His ways. The new year is the perfect time to start/continue daily devotional time in His Word. As it is written in Hebrews 4:12, For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment