Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Back to Advocacy

So yesterday was a big day for me. I've been wanting to get back into society, but my health has been too much of an issue.

Then Trump became President, who hired Betsy DeVos as the Secretary of Education. She is CLUELESS about serving students with disabilities.  I couldn't just grin and bearit. I had to do something. After much prayer and a new medication, I decided it was time. I had to follow that passion in my belly for individuals to choose their self-determined quality of life.

I refuse to allow individuals with disabilities to be ignored and treated like burdens to society. 

I attended a self-advocacy meeting in Panama City last night so I can start a similar group in Tallahassee. Bookmark this site to keep up with what is happening with disability issues.  I will be updating daily... mainly about health care, but also sharing my faith and love for my cat and Assistance Dog. I am keeping my old posts up to show my growth and overcoming barriers to give readers hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment