Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Re-Introduction


Allow me to introduce myself… again.  After taking several years to address health issues, unable to be gainfully employed, multiple changes (doctors, relocating, changing friends, lots of reading and reevaluation), current events stir the passion in me where I cannot sit back and watch how people with disabilities are being treated. I’ve never been one to sit back and watch while injustice, even chaos, is taking place.
Since I am not the same person I was 6 months ago, I am creating a lifestyle that fits who I have become. Having the ability to change is as difficult as making the decision to change. There are losses, additions, new people, unfamiliar experiences… basically, a whole new life. If you’re lucky, it’s exciting… but rarely is it always fun.
It takes courage, determination, and perseverance.
So here goes. Hi, my name is Shelly. I believe everyone should be given the opportunity to dream, and work hard to make those dreams reality. As we each find our individual purposes in this world, there’s a beautiful world out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment