Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Embrace the Light

Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. - John 12:35 

This passage brings great comfort during the current season of a succession of losses. Though my mood has become despondent, my faith in God has not wavered. I know He loves me, I know He is with me, and I know He is holding me. Throughout the years, He has proven to be faithful, loving, and never leaving me. I know my Jesus, and nothing can separate Him from me.

That doesn't mean I never get depressed, anxious and scared. What I thought was my perfect future has been taken from me. I literally feel I am lost in a dark pit, with no direction or purpose other than to glorify God.

Because I daily meditate on the Bible and spend most of my waking hours feeling His constant presence, I am not afraid of the darkness because I know He is with me. I may not know what is immediately in front of me, or what is creeping up behind me, but I know my Jesus is besides me.

Get to know Him while He can be found. He is there, waiting, Don't wait until you're in the darkness... whether it be mentally, spiritually, or physically. Take advantage of the light before it's too late... and then go share that Light with others... Be the light of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment