Pages

Friday, June 30, 2017

"I'll Pray for You" isn't Enough

I recently received some devastating news I am not ready to blog about yet.

But I found a timely blog explaining why I told people don't just say you are praying for me. Those  who know me know this is a time to not take anything personally. Like I just called my guy friend (who thinks I need to be in Orlando with friends right now) and warned him he is gonna have to deal with moody Shelly again. That's why I isolate - I lose my filter and say things I know I shouldn't. Sounds like he will go to the funeral with me. Warned him it'll be scarier than Halloween Horror Nights. *I have a cousin who is a prophetic Satan worshipper. I'm talking leaflets and everything!

So now I am going to try to convince God my plan is better, as if I know an inkling of the whole picture, only to have Him tell me a zillion reasons why I am wrong. He says in the Book of Job and Isaiah to come to Him and let us reason together... so that is what I will do... already knowing the outcome - His ways are higher than my ways, and He has plans for me far beyond my wildest dreams...





💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌

I'll Pray For You

This is my favorite passage when people say they will pray for you and continue walking. I am in no way discounting the power of prayer, but sometimes, we need a bit more. If the person is willing to listen, tell them how they can help you. If you are the person wanting to help the depressed person, ask. "Is there anything I can do to help besides prayer?" Sometimes, all they can do is pray, and we really need to be thankful for that. We really need to be thankful if someone says they are thinking of us... we need to be thankful for whatever they can do. But try not to discount the power of prayer (as I am this morning). Prayers need to be followed by action... by whomever is praying.


James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment