Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Face It

I'm getting old. Seriously. My body is exhausted. Cerebral Palsy ages my body quicker than those not having a disability. My friends are not use to my limitations, and neither am I. Yet I notice the gradual decline. Remember, I have 6 or 7 disabilities, and I have always fought them.

This is not to be a pity post... more of an educational informative (is that redundant?) so other's know possibilities of what aging can bring.

It's hard to catch my breath. Sometimes, when I don't sit down and rest, my throat fills with phelm, making my choke. Sometimes my food won't go down because of the blockage.

My vision is going, and I can't read without glasses.

I no longer have control over Crohn's. Since my diagnosis in 11th grade, I could feel it coming and get to the restroom. Not anymore.

Walking is harder - no stamina.

Depression stays longer, and goes deeper. I've spent much time in the pit.  It's harder to get out.

Memory is bad. I forget how old I am, what friends I have walked away from,  and am losing things.

I could continue, but it would take too much time. I've been organizing so I know where to find things, and this has me drained.

Thank goodness I have a career in writing with intensive knowledge of Psychology and the Bible!

I sometimes think my death is getting close because I am facing possible colon cancer. This gives me a sense of energy to write, write, write so my life glorifies God. He is my strength.

Do what you can when you can. Life can pass by without your realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment