Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Sexual Abuse Scandal

I apologize for my transparency this morning -actually, I  don't. Don't read if I am too candid. Watching the news about the women who kept quiet when the producer sexually abused them... don't judge them. You make a choice. You weigh your consequences. I spoke out against my predators... and I was told to not speak about it, I was overreacting, and I became the "bad guy" both in my family and later in my church. If I would've kept quiet, my life would appear much easier on the outside. But I am a child of God. I trust Him. The world can turn against me, but He never will. So as a nonconformist, I speak up when it's "uncomfortable" for others. And I suffer the consequences. But I have my dignity and self-respect... no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment