Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Aging with Cerebral Palsy

Since I am part of the first major generation of adults with Cerebral Palsy, I want to share my experiences. It's 4am so this will be brief. At about age 35, I started falling, had trouble opening jars and trouble with fine movements. My legs started shaking while sedentary.

I'm now 47, as I said, awake at 4am because my legs ache. Ibuprofen helps a lot. I can't walk in sand anymore.

Granted, my activity level has been increasing as I have been mentally feeling better, or shall I say psychologically since my short term memory is bad. I forget fighting with friends, and then wonder why they stop calling me. Also, when in extreme situations, I forget where I am. This happened on the way to an obgyn appointment because of past sexual abuse. I couldn't remember what city I was in, or where I was going.

I'm having an MRI next month and will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment