Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Suicide and Depression

My life changed significantly today. Recently, I asked God how I can repay a life long friend. She has been with me for 30 years, loyal and understanding. She has been tragically impacted by mental illness.

A few years ago, I stopped speaking out for mental illness because it triggers me. I myself have been in 4 psychiatric hospitals for suicide attempts - none in the past six years.

I avoid discussions about such issues because they are too raw for me.

Until today. God told me I can pay my friend back by educating people about depression and suicide. I told God no, I can't go there.

He reminded me He will never ask me to do something without preparing me with all I need to complete the task, then He showed me I will be renewing my counseling license.

I'm scared. I don't want to be pulled in such a sensitive pit. But I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back. No turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment