Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Career Decision

After more than ten years, I have decided to go back into private practice.

Yesterday, I called to see about becoming a Medicare and Medicaid Waiver Provider.  My plan is to make house calls for patients with limited mobility or anxiety/agoraphobia, as well as other disabilities. My main focus (as it has always been) is to help stagnant individuals discover their passion in life, and take steps needed to make their dreams a reality.  This is a process using My Dream Portfolio.

Also, I want to do group counseling using My Dream Portfolio in schools. That way the students can bring their Portfolios to IEP meetings to show teachers their future plans are all mapped out. This works for all populations from incarcerated  juveniles to I even did one for my cat once after being told a student was too low functioning.

Finally, since I am versed in Special Education, I will be the students advocate. 

The application process takes a month or two, so I will have time for writing in the interim.

Hope all my readers are well, and please let me know if I can add anything of interest on this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment