Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Great Article Describing Depression

I can so relate to being too depressed to leave the house or even shower...
Bipolar Disorder, My Lost Years:

Currently, my anxiety is full blast, leading to Crohn's flare up, leading to Agoraphobia and Depression. I don't feel good AT ALL. Even having chest pains.

I think it stems from my faith is wavering. There is no doubt in my mind God keeps his promises, and I have several verses memorized about His provision, protection and comfort.

Fact is mental illness is real. I can't pray it away.  God says IF YOU BELIEVE, whatever you ask for in prayer, you will receive. However, it must be in accordance with God's plan and we must ask for the right reason.

A week from tomorrow Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) starts. I LOVE, LOVE BSF. I will meet fellow Biblical scholars who know and love the Bible as a  uBSF. We talk for HOURS about the Bible, and are trying to plan a weekend together, alone... with our Bibles.

But I can't "just go" to BSF.  I'm scared. I had an accident in my pants just typing this. My health conditions are overtaking me.

That's why I love this article. Mental illness is paralyzing.  God is powerful and superior. Yet we are human. And just "praying" is not the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment