Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Seminole for Life

Let me warn those who do not know... I am overly sensitive to people bashing my school, ESPECIALLY PEOPLE WHO DID NOT GO TO COLLEGE! Florida State Alumni is how I identify myself in this world. I do not belong to a family in the conventional sense. I decided to attend FSU because it was the farthest I could get away from my relatives. Everybody said I wouldn't make it... well, guess what?! My first psychiatric hospitalization was the summer I went to my parent's after 8 months in Tallahassee. I realized how "brainwashed" I had been... maybe that word is too harsh. My values no longer aligned with how I had been raised, ESPECIALLY after my lifelong pastor told me my depression was due to not being married.

What Satan meant as harm turned out to be for my good. I researched EVERY "religion' from atheism to Buddhism. And I began a 25 year journey of reading the Bible, praying, researching and.... ended up with my GREATEST TREASURE - A personal relationship with Jesus.  I KNOW Him because I spend infinite alone time with Him.

So I tell you right now... I am very difficult to be friends with. My fellowship is through my writing. I don't let many people in. If I let you in...you are one of a handful.

All this to say, PLEASE DO NOT BASH FLORIDA STATE ON MY PAGE! To me, it is like bashing my child. Don't do it.

Finally, if you notice, the people who actually attended the college usually are the ones who refrain from trash talk because we empathize with the underdog. It's the people who did not attend said college who talk the most smack.

No comments:

Post a Comment