Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Social Security Threatens to Take Away My Independence

Yesterday, I received notification that my next SSDI check will be $400 less than what I have been receiving. I panicked. I acted. I kept friends updated with the following messages:

- Please pray for me. I just got a letter from Social Security saying they are cutting $400 out of my monthly check. God will work it out.

- Don't know why. At Social Security office. They close at 4 and long line ahead of me. I am scared. I trust God. This is all in His hands. I'm scared He doesn't want me living on my own. I cannot survive on $1,000 per month.

- Having chest pain

- I don't know what to do. They close in 13 minutes. Gonna be a LONG weekend.

-  Singing that song in my head, "God help me to breathe, help me to do whatever you would ask of me... God help me."

- After waiting 2 hours at the Social Security office, They can't help. I have to call the State.

- After being on hold with the State, they told me I had to call Social Security. On hold, they said my wait time is one hour.

- Just talked to Apartment office. They cannot lower my lease. It will cost my $1500 to break my lease, and I have nowhere to go.

- Social Security just told me I need to call Social Services. Since it is 6pm, they are closed and I have to wait until Monday.

A friend took me out so I could process (and have a couple drinks). Came home, fell asleep, and woke up hoping it was a nightmare.

It is real. And I am at peace. I sent the following to my friend:

Good Morning. I am about to have my quiet time, and wanted to check in real quick. I am fine. I don't know how this financial mess will all work out, but God does. This is propelling me to find freelance writing jobs online. I fell again this morning so I know I can't work outside the home. I have my air off and am ordering a fan from Amazon to save on my electricity (may order 2- one for Addy and one for me and Jireh because of my asthma). It's all gonna work out. I know you are praying and I will call you later. God has us both in the Palm of His hand. Thy will be done. Have a good morning.

It's time to put my faith into action. When life is going good, it's easy to trust God. I see this as a challenge to put my faith into action, and I am ready. There is nothing I want more than to glorify God with my life... and here is my chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment