Pages

Friday, December 29, 2017

Alternative Remedies for Ailments

I used to take 4 Excedrine for migraines per day due to severe migraines. Two months ago, I got a diffuser with Lavender essential oil scent and haven't taken Excedrine since. Sometimes, I put a couple drops of the oil on my eye mask when I feel the migraine coming on, and it works wonders. I never believed in homeopathic remedies. The diffuser relaxes my muscles, calms my anxiety and helps me sleep through the night.
The diffuser helps not only with general health issues, such as using peppermint oil for congestion,  I have seen great improvements in my anxiety, cerebral palsy, and even Crohn's Disease.
When/if I go back into private practice, I will definitely use a diffuser in my office. Now I know why Spas use diffusers.
During the Christmas holidays, my depression spiked, so I bought a salt lamp. What could it hurt, right? From what I researched, salt lamps change the environment by some scientific ways that are over my head (No pun).
Call it the placebo effect, call it science... whatever it is, my depression has definitely lessened since I started using the salt lamp. Of course, everyone is different so you may not feel the same benefits from homeopathic remedies. In fact, I have heard essential oils are harmful to pets, even coming from diffusers. Then I have read the benefits pets get, even people who put drops on dogs pads to decrease anxiety when traveling. My cat and dog have not displayed any significant changes from my diffuser or salt lamp.
At any rate, I no longer take medicine for migraines and have significantly decreased my anxiety medication. That in itself makes me feel better.
Please leave me a comment if you have experience with diffusers or salt lamps.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that lamp is working out. I've heard many people use the lamp and it has helped them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand how it works, but it helps with depression.

      Delete