Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Hope Forward by Reflecting Back

Working so hard on my blogs, needed a prayer walk. I am so in love with Tallahassee. It's beautiful. I love the culture, the 50 minutes from the ocean, the ambitious ambiance, the friendly people... and the FSU spirit. There is no place I would rather live.

And my Addy cat... she is such a good girl who has been with me through the closing of my private practice, to losing Zoey, to living in my car at a rest area, to getting this 8 week old puppy who was her size when I brought Jireh home, to now Jireh is a 90 lb sister who submits to Addy. If it comes between me or Addy (i.e. giving Addy pills), Jireh takes Addy's side every time, barking at me to leave Addy alone.

And Jireh... I have loved golden retrievers most of my life. Pedigrees are costly. Yet, by the grace of God, I have the most beautiful animal I have ever seen! Her intelligence, beauty and personality astounds me daily. Truly, she feels like a person to me, and we do everything together. She visibly loves me above anything and her loyalty is solid.

I get to spend my days living my dream of writing, spending quality time with Jesus, creating... Loving life.

You know, we get so caught up in day to day problems, we lose sight of God's blessings - I am the worse! As the new year begins, I am making my blog thewritingtherapist.blogspot.com more professional, focusing completely on mental health issues, and launching a new blog which shares all my passions... passions of my heart that have been made reality. Sometimes it helps to look back and see how far we have come. It gives us hope. It's all in perspective - some people are depressed the holidays are ending, while others of us are ECSTATIC at new beginnings.

Either way... we all need hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment