Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Be With People who Inspire You

After writing in seclusion all week, I was so thankful for my friend taking me out last night,. We went to this brewery where she bought me a cool glass, they give you 6 tickets and one ticket equals a glass of one of their various beers. It was amazing. Not only was the venue Seminoles (Native American), it was indoors opened to a huge patio with a band, firepits, and dogs galore! Of course, everyone wore FSU gear, and since my friend works at FSU (Student Affairs), I was surrounded by alumnus. Discussions included books, theatre (I was invited to the opening night of FSU's Theatre production of "The Adam's Family"!. 

Definitely my element when her friends used words like "dystopian", and other stimulating concepts. It truly soothed my brain while we discussed existentialism and psychological theories. My friend is one of those people who inspire you to make the world a better place, just as she does with things like taking her plastic container with her to recycle at home since there was no recycle bin and supporting local vendors. From playing cards, Connect Four, playing with dogs, to engaging in conversations with wit, humor and compassion, she did it all.

Lesson learned - socialize with people who have qualities you desire. Her friends all were educated, welcoming, and all around GOOD PEOPLE. This recluse is already looking forward to hanging out with her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment