Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Crappy Thing Called Crohns

So I started the year determined to be a full-time freelance writer. I haven't even written in my planners or bullet journal the past 2 days. My Crohn's Disease has me planted on the couch. Found this great article comforting me. 


Something so simple as intestinal spasms can, rather, DOES dictate every minute of my days. There's no forewarning, no definitive precautions, nothing. One minute, I feel fine. Five minutes later, I am either keeled over in a ball feeling like my stomach just got hit with a wrecking ball OR sitting/standing with a massive diarrhea explosion in my panties. 

Needless to say, I try not to go out in public. I have days where I have to take three showers per day because I make such a mess. My way of attempting to avoid symptoms is to lay still with no movement. When I get up, liquid diahreah leaks out. It's horrible. I take Dicyclomine, which has lessened my flare ups, but stress triggers Crohn's.

At age 16, I was diagnosed and doctors have tried putting me on predisone - I won't go for personal reasons, and cutting the part of my intestines that is impacted - which I refuse because if you keep cutting out the problem site, another flare up appears elsewhere, and soon you'll have to poop out of a bag.

Crohn's is when your intestines spasm and form blockages where food can't pass through, so you vomit and have diarrhea concurrently. 


Welcome to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment