Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Love My Church!


Now before you freak out at the words I am about to write, know there is a fabulous ending. Yesterday morning, I was looking for someone to promise to take care of Jireh and Addy if something happened to me. Remember, I have no contact with my relatives and the best friend and I agreed it was time to go separate ways. She was my emergency contact and we had (over 18 mths) discussed all the things needed to be discussed when you are no longer a youngster. I needed to find someone to take her place. It was painful believing if I die, there would be no one to ‘take care of things’.

Plus, I haven’t felt healthy lately… my Crohns Disease is affecting me internally (I can tell by bowel movements and 30 yrs experience), my breathing was laborious (I recently fell and am sure I fractured a rib or 3), I had a migraine and am down to a week of medications (anti-seizure medications – If I don’t take, I start having seizures…). Things looked hopeless and, maybe it’s because I stopped taking one of my meds and am a bit drastic, I was literally preparing to die. I even went through important papers to leave them out just in case…

I had a meeting at my church that I was so close to canceling but knew if I had Jireh at my side, I’d be okay. Well, I couldn’t take Jireh, my eyes were swollen from crying… I didn’t think I could make it.

Kerrie Roberts' “Keep Breathing” kept playing in my head… you call it coincidence, I call it God speaking to me. Keep breathing, you are NOT done… don’t give up, don’t give in…hold on a little longer.

Do you ever say to God, “the things I do for you!!”. No? Me neither.

Every time I do what I do not have the strength to do, He shows up in an UNBELIEVABLE way! Yesterday was no exception.

I won’t go into details, but my meeting lifted the weight of the world off my shoulders, renewed my hope, my self-esteem, my sense of purpose…my love for people, my humility, and best of all, my love for Jesus.

WHY DO WE DOUBT HIM? He is the ALMIGHTY GOD!!! HE CAN TURN THE WORST CIRCUMSTANCE INTO THE GREATEST BLESSING!! I witnessed that for the millionth time yesterday. No matter what you are going through, go to Jesus. Go through it with Jesus. He knows the way…

Oh, how I love Him!

So I left Willow Creek with my ribs hurting more than ever – Cheryl and Elder Dave had me laughing harder than I have laughed in so long… (who knew elders were funny?) and ready to get back into life again. I was reminded of my ultimate contact – Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment