Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

To the Depressed and Lonely

Life can be difficult - everyone knows this. Different people experience circumstances according to their life experiences, coping strategies, etc. Sometimes, the temptation to give up is overwhelming. The world seems to be so cruel and at times, it may feel as if it is you against the world. But if you are a Christian and hold on tight to Jesus, you will make it. This difficult, lonely, painful period will be a distant memory. Counting your blessings does wonders, seriously.


I am not just writing this to encourage you, but to encourage myself also. I am going through many changes, mostly good changes, yet all change is hard. We tend to be drawn to what is familiar, the friends we are use to, the relationships we had. But that prevents growth. It is unfair to expect people to change. And it is unfair to expect people to read your mind or understand what you are going through. Sometimes, we must experience our feelings and either journal them and/or process them individually. Perhaps God wants you to express your feelings to Him alone... perhaps He is drawing you closer to Him.


Unfortunately, friends come and go, but Jesus never leaves. When you get lonely, turn to His word. I fell asleep with my face in the Psalms. I believe it was BECAUSE my face was in the Psalms, I was able to fall asleep. He held me in His arms, reminding me I am never alone when I trust in Him and hold on to His promises.


If you are going through a hard time, hang on. Email me at Shellyfsu@gmail.com if you need someone to listen without judging. I assure you I will understand because I am in the same place you are. Hang on. This will pass. Focus on fulfilling the mission for which God created you for.

No comments:

Post a Comment