Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Reading the Bible, hearing God speak so personally to me - words bringing balm to the sensitive parts of my heart - I realize He shares Himself with me in unexplainable and unfathomable ways.... Rather than being thankful for what I have,  I confess I have been quite unsettled... even bitter and angry. Some of it is financial desires, yet, for the most part, there is an emptiness where a family should be. I have been jealous of friends' who have families, working laptops, vacations, smart phones, jobs, financial security, feelings of safety... even a friend getting a tattoo (I've wanted a tat for the past 3 years), but God just reminded me, NOTHING compares to my personal relationship with Him. I would trade my life with Jesus for NOTHING.

On a side note, be thankful for what you have... for the time with in-laws you dread, for the husband who keeps leaving his socks on the ground, for the kids who keep crying, for the laptop that didn't come in your favorite color, for the plane delays, for the (safe) home you can't seem to keep clean, and for the tattoo that really hurt... Learn to be content with what you have, for every good gift comes from God.  All these things are blessings.


1 comment:

  1. Comment that was emailed to me and my response:

    Thanks for sharing Shelly. Hope everything is going well today. Don't get the tattoo. You are beautiful without it.

    My response: The tat would be hidden :) Wouldn't a dolphin with FSU face paint be adorable?!

    ReplyDelete