Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oh, How I Delight in Him!



I think this medication makes me high for the first hour or so after I take it... not that I am complaining... It's definitely making me a funner, more optimist & productive person. One downside is I am dizzy. Imagine me with cerebral palsy  (having an uneven gait) walking a 60 pound Golden Retriever while my head is spinning like I have a buzz... stairs included!

Truly, I pray every time I leave the house.  Psalm 37:23-24 
The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;
though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
 
The majority of us likely wobble through life, more specifically, wobble through our days. Staying in God’s Word shows us the path we should take as Christians who delight in him. Oh, how I delight in Him! Brief side note…. Participating in Communion gets me every time, so much so, that I keep every Communion cup I use. The thought that God, the Creator of the universe, purposely sent His only Son to die on a cross as an unblemished lamb… knowing we had no hope otherwise. God the Father watched His only Son be beaten and abused beyond description, and nailed to a cross to save the very people who were crucifying Him…to save me, who is more sinful than you would believe… who has taken Jesus for granted 98% of the time… who is angry, bitter, deceitful, oh, so very non-Christlike when no one is looking, and even when others ARE… God knew we would behave as we are… yet He still sent Jesus to die… and Jesus obeyed!!!)

Oh, how I delight in Him! Oh, how I praise Him for holding me up even though I stumble and fall.

This past Communion was too much… I can’t hold the bread and/or cup when it is passed so this friend helped me, along with a newly initiated deacon who is special to me, with the man I have served with on the side in case I needed more assistance… I felt God’s love pouring through me. For once, my pride did not cause me to insist on ‘doing this myself’… I needed help taking God’s sacrifice in the literal sense.

We need help taking God’s sacrifice in the Spiritual sense. We need His Word. We need fellow believers. We need prayer. We need His hand. Take His hand, my friend. You will stumble through life, but God the Father has you… He will not let go.

Oh, how I delight in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment