Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Letter to Ellen

Please pray she can help, with God's help... 
I am writing about myself because few know my story, and even fewer know my desperation. I was born with cerebral palsy, which makes my speech slurred and walking difficult, especially with aging. I had a normal life and went on to college to earn 2 Master Degrees and half of my doctorate degree in psychology. I took a break from college to open a private practice counseling individuals with disabilities. I am a firm believer that individuals are entitled to live their own self-determined quality of life. I was living mine until 4 years ago when I myself went into a deep depression. I literally have no family, only one or two friends who are 'there' but could never take me in. I had to quit my job, go on Disability and food stamps (which is very humbling), was homeless, have been hospitalized 3 times in 3 months (last year) for suicide attempts. I am trying so hard to get back on my feet... I started writing and found a publisher who has agreed to publish 24 of my children's books on various disabilities!!! I've been writing the books, knowing when they are published, I will earn money again. I keep writing, looking for other gigs so I can eventually get off of SSDI. My laptop is so old, I fear it will die any day now, I don't have money to pay for my internet access or phone next month and am facing eviction because so much of my check goes to medical care. Ellen, Can you please help me?  My blog: http://thewritingtherapist.blogspot.com/2012/06/please-dont-send-me-away.html

No comments:

Post a Comment